Old 10-22-2014, 07:03 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
FireSprite

Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
What is reasonable for me to expect from my wife as she enters into IOP Treatment program? Our marriage is really frail right now. I am hip-deep into addressing my own co-dependency issues and making some progress. The book How to Love Someone in Recovery is helping me a lot. My wife is making progress in her treatment but I'm on the outside of knowing what really is going on with her treatment. Our marriage seems to be falling apart -the core issue, it would seem to me, has been she has made her relationship with the alcohol the priority relationship over her relationship with me. Any advice? We are both seeing counselors separately and meeting with a counselor as a couple.
Hi Rubicon, welcome to SR!

This is an older thread & while people may still respond you may get more responses to your specific question if you start your own thread & introduce yourself.

My RAH never did IOP treatment so I can't speak to that part of your concerns, but I can definitely identify as a Codependent. The first thing I would highly recommend for you is to read through some of the sticky threads at the top of this forum - it's a compilation of the most relevant topics that we all face in this forum with links to some really amazing, educational threads.

I'm sorry you have a need to be here, but you'll find great support in this forum.