View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 11:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by atalose View Post
IF you have to say it more then once, it's nagging............

Maybe he doesn't like to be told MANY times and purposely didn’t get them there.

I’m certainly NOT putting the blame on you just offering a possible view from his ill side of things.

Moving forward, anything that is that important to your kids, he should be left out of the responsibility of transporting them and you just do it yourself.

My ex was a nasty SOB and he would intentionally do things or forget on anything I would ask him to do. Childlike but sadly this was HIS mentality – all about him – never about his kids.
The event occurred on HIS parenting day. I offered to take them well before yesterday and he said he was all set. Thanks to a legal system that thinks parents "rights" supercede what is best for kids, I have no control over whether they get to events on "his" day or not....

My "nagging" is because far too often I hear "you should have reminded me". When it comes to my kids I am ok with being a nag if it means he cant make that as an excuse for hurting them. He also asked me to "remind him" when their game was, then "checked in" about "is it x time or y time" so I made DAMN sure he was clear (bc he was asking).

The point here is that he knew precisely when and where this was and that it was really important to them and he purposefully did not take them.