View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 10:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

xAH using/hurting kids as retaliation...

xAH, in retaliation for my adhering to a boundary I set with him, got back at me by refusing to take the kids to their FINAL game (they play on a fall sports team) of the season yesterday and made them miss their post game celebration too.

I was there at the field, waiting for them to arrive. I realized a while in, that they were not coming. I called him and texted. No reply. I left in tears, heartbroken for my kids.

When I got the girls from him about an hour after that that they were distraught. They were fully dressed for their game. They had been told by him they were going and he had told them I was supposed to come get them and hadnt shown up. He blamed ME for why they didn't go. I guess he played it off that by the time he realized I wasnt coming, it was too late anyway.

It took every bit of self restraint to not say a word to him. I would like to say "what kind of man does this?" but clearly I know what kind of man does it. xAH.

Once I had the girls alone, I tried as calmly as I could to let them know that it was a "mystery" as to why Daddy had not taken them. That's the new phrase their therapist uses with them. A "mystery". I told them I was so sorry they missed their game and that since it was Daddy's time with them and because Daddy had said he would be getting them to the game, I assumed he would take them. As an aside, I had asked him MANY times in days leading up to it to be SURE he recalled they had this big game and party and he assured me he would have them there EARLY. I had offered to help or bring them myself if he wanted and he said he was all set.

I didn't throw him under the bus but I told the girls that if I had known they needed me to drive them I would have. And I told them and showed them that I had called and texted to see if they needed me to come.

My anger is immense right now. He is upping the ante of how he is hurting them and there is literally NOTHING I can do to stop it.