View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 05:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
It's a shame DD9 feels that way, but it really isn't your problem to solve. My own daughter cut ties with her dad and I had to stay out of it. Their relationship is between the two of them. He can text all he wants, but you don't have to accept anything he says. He's an azzhole and you know it and your oldest daughter is figuring it out, too. Sad, but he brought it all upon himself.
Oh I have no intention of trying to solve it... I knew this day was coming and I think it is freeing for DD9 frankly to see things for what they are...

I feel sad for her but I also am glad that she is able to put words to what she is feeling and thinking vs acting out and just falling apart left and right as she has been for the last year...

He 100% caused this himself and IF he repairs the damage he has done, it will be many years from now.

I do not have the right to keep DD9 from seeing him but I do hope that a judge will care about what DD9's feelings about visits are and that sooner or later she will be allowed to choose whether or not she goes... This idea that parents "rights" to their kids supercede kids rights to what they want and feel safe about really pisses me off...