Thread: I am so upset!!
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 03:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
heartcore

Well the good news is that you don't have to waste any energy replying...

I always get frustrated when I'm in a conflict with someone and they want to have the last word. Especially when I've got interesting and clever replies to whatever crap they laid down. I actually think it is a small-minded form of communication, because without the back and forth, there is no growing in understanding of each other, which is the point of communication in the first place.

So, yes, someone randomly laying into you and then refusing to hear your response, is profoundly frustrating. It is not a brave or meaningful way to communicate. It's like shouting a bunch of insults at someone and then stomping away and slamming the door.

OK. Well, that happened...

My hope is that we can all remember that this is a life and death venture for all of us. There will be people whose opinions we don't agree with, and some who really trigger us. They might remind us of someone else's voice, we may disagree with their perspective, we may find their advice intrusive.

Guess what - you can use the IGNORE FEATURE and you don't see any postings by that person ever again. Stunningly convenient.

There is no need to "take each other's inventories" by personal message. Most of us are just making it through the day, even the hour. That is like waking up in the hospital trauma unit and smacking the patient in the bed beside you over the head with a baseball bat...

So. Please use the ignore feature folks if someone offends you. Offending them back sure isn't going to help the collective healing action we've got going on here...