Thread: Confession
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 11:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
lizatola

Funny about what Anvil said about opening the door myself. Here's what I posted on my FB feed yesterday before I came here to post:

You know that saying, "When God closes a door, he opens a window(or another door)?" After doing my morning devotionals and spending time with God today, I realized that maybe God isn't the one who opens those doors or windows. Maybe, it's me? As I stand in the dark hallway and feel that no door is open and there is no real light, I know that the only thing I have left is God. I must turn to Him, lean on Him, and let his light shine in me and through me. I cry out to Him and ask that Jesus lift the fears and anxieties and sadness from me. If I allow God to work in my heart, soul, and mind, I know I will find peace and joy that wasn't there before. I know it, because it's happened time and time again, whether I was aware of it or not. And, if I let that light shine in that darkness, no matter how pitch black it may be, I will eventually see that door at the end of the hallway and I can reach out to turn the handle. I can gain a new perspective when that door is opened and I can see a new horizon that God has planned for me. It's when I am in the darkness that I can truly see the light, if I just surrender to God's will and rest in Him.