View Single Post
Old 10-10-2014, 11:58 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
maia1234

Some of my Favorites-

Forgiveness is no favor; we do it for no one but ourselves

Do you want your life to be different? What are you willing to do about it?

Serenity is not freedom from the storm, but peace amid the storm

Acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing or situation -- some fact of my life -- unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be, at this moment.

You can't fix him. He is in the midst of his disease. He will seek recovery--real recovery when he decides to---and, not one minute sooner. It will have to come from within him because HE wants it--WHAT YOU WANT doesn't even figure into the equation, in his alcoholic thinking.

We don't do something different, such as make a change, until the pain of what we're doing, becomes greater than the pain of changing.

"An alcoholic is going to behave the way they are going to behave - and you just happen to be there." Meaning if it wasn't you, it could be someone else.

If you leave and he changes, good for you. If you leave and he doesn't change, good for you

It isn't my job to reward him for sobriety or punish him for drunkenness

Trying to talk with someone who is in love with an alcoholic, is often like trying to talk with the alcoholic, himself. They just aren't ready to listen