Thread: Lonely cures?
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 12:59 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
MissFixit

Originally Posted by lizatola View Post
Love what everyone shared here and it's nice to know that I'm not alone. I may still be married (on paper) but I am so lonely lately despite my efforts to spend time with friends, the travel I do for my son's tournaments and hang with other tennis parents, taking up working with a trainer at the gym, etc. I stay busy, but I feel lonely and I realize now that it's my stupid libido coming to life.

A year ago I had no desire for a man. NONE. I wanted to be celibate until the day I died and I had confided in many folks that I was pretty much done with romantic relationships of any kind.

Ever since AH and I made the decision to split, I feel really free. And, that free feeling has led me to start desiring something else and I know what it is even though I tell myself to knock it off and keep working on my own recovery. I know a relationship is a no no at this point anyway, but the thought keeps creeping in to my head. I wouldn't act on it, but I recognize it and I'm hoping it's actually a sign that I am changing and that I am becoming healthier especially when it comes to entertaining a future with or without a significant other.

WTBH, so glad to hear that saw the red flags and were able to end things. It shows you are growing and that you know yourself and what you want. Thanks for sharing your struggle because it's nice to know I'm not alone.
I think is a really good thing your libido is coming back to life. Some people never really have one and others' are destroyed by dysfunctional relationships. You are a lucky lady.