View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 12:13 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  
Babs78756

LG - I hear you sister! The only way I really know how to 'celebrate' is with champagne and an eventual blackout. It takes time to shift our understanding of certain things - for example, my new love of dessert. No bread pudding left behind! Or buying a new top or fancy shampoo. There are things that you will find start to satisfy you the way we perceived alcohol to satisfy us. It will pass.

'I watch them with envy and pity.' There is no truer statement I've heard lately. As I've said we're going to Boston this weekend and we're meeting some couple friends of ours and I'm certain the husband is an alcoholic and every time he and my husband go out, they get off the rails and I think about how nice it would be to not be addressing the alcoholism right now... I think he eventually will have to but wouldn't it be nice to be ignorant for a little longer? I dunno.

Also, I used to live in Boston for 7 years. So we're returning to see friends and family. That little pace will always be special to me because it brought me my husband but I could never live there again. A little too much of too many things that this California girl can't ever quite adjust to but I certainly love that it was a part of my/our story for so long. Looking forward to bringing our girl there.

Ugh... Wednesday.... one more day of work and we're off. Can't wait!!