View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 11:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
OGK

"I know my current issues mostly lie in my codie behaviors. They seem to be the ones that pop up most strongly when I feel my weakest"

It's very strange and shocking to me that my feelings like these don't go away. I expected them to, the more I learned and worked my recovery. And isn't it odd that they always pop up just when you feel like you have some breathing room or feel like progress has been achieved? I think you are doing great in recognizing your feelings in real time, that has proven very useful for me in creating a positive inner dialogue and more importantly, a positive plan to keep moving forward, just in terms of life. It's not bad to feel like you could have done more or said something different, that's part of being human. It's more important to know that in reality that you can't or couldn't and making sure that you are ok should never take a back seet, IMHO. Yes, hand the Mr. Your Nursing chart the 2nd he walks through the door and head to your favorite corner in B&N and lose yourself in a section, other than RECOVERY.
thanks for sharing.