Thread: Lonely cures?
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 10:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Yeah this is it exactly... it comes in waves... And working full time means evenings with my kids are really more like homework race, dinner, bed -- not real quality time... So I am truly not in a place to want to spend the quality time on weekends that I have with them, leaving them with a sitter to go do social stuff. What I enjoy is my kids..

So maybe what I am sad about is that the in tact family with a spouse who is a partner to me and a parent to my girls isnt something I have (nor really ever had) and it just makes me sad...

Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I hear you. It comes in waves for me. I was very lonely last year at this time. Not so much now. It comes and goes.

I don't know what to tell ya. I would say go join this and do that but as another full time mother with full time job - when on earth is that supposed to happen? How many hours are my kids supposed to be home alone? Where do I find these elusive clubs? I live in a town of 800 people :P.

I didn't get married until I was 29 and I've been alone since the end of 2009. I actually live alone quite well and contentedly for the most part but like you, I miss companionship. Sometimes I feel that more strongly than others. Also - sex - none - and quite sick of that thank you very much