View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 05:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Tetra

In a state of panic about my future

Just woke up from a nightmare. It's after 1 am.

I am coming up to three months sober.

I had three job interviews this week. Already got one rejection e-mail this morning.

I am in a panic about my future. I will be 34 in two weeks.

My dad says stop panicking. If I don't get these jobs, I will not be homeless. I still have a bed and food.

He was asking me about what career I would like. I have a degree and a couple of diplomas but I am still out of work.

My therapist said to me today "You are doing so well. I wish you could see how far you have come".

I met my aunt and uncle this week. They were rambling on and on about my cousin and how he has just gotten a new big job, and a company Audi car. I hate conversations like this. Actually they said "he is head of IT for Ireland". My dad was laughing when I told him. He said "they told me he got a big job 6 months ago. Maybe he is head of IT for that particular company, but not for Ireland" lolz.

I have to stop comparing myself to others. My road is different from theirs. And I do have my health now, which I didn't before and that is priceless.

I feel very disorientated. I hate waking up in the middle of the night. I just needed to reach out to you guys.