View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 02:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
dionysos803

Originally Posted by happybeingme View Post
Sure. I can see telling him how you feel if it will bring you peace or closure. But, to want to make him suffer? Why? Alcoholism is an illness of the mind, body, and spirit. Trust me when I tell you that whatever pain he has caused you he has has dumped a hundred times that much on himself. And he does it every time he picks up. How do I know? I am a recovering alcoholic myself. My self hatred was so great I couldnt bear it so I dumped all my anger and self hatred on my husband and kids.

And I continued doing that until I hit my bottom. I was facing suicide or surrender. I surrendered. Many if not most alcoholics dont
I think that's where I'm having my problem Iwhat to look at it so its his choice instead of being illness.
Also if he doesn't hit his bottom he will die if he doesn't change. So I guess it's more so that I am making sure I say what I fan before he passes away and trying to speed up the process of getting him as low as as he can go because I don't think he can consume much more alcohol in a day.