Old 10-01-2014, 05:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Search4Serenity

happybeingme, Thanks for this! I think your experience definitely applies to me--and I suspect there are several things going on here. While it's TMI--I've realized that my hormones are going through normal fluctuations this week--which always throws me off balance a bit. Two, I haven't had a proper "weekend" in a while--just a day off here or there (which I generally use for things like laundry, preparing dinners for the upcoming week--you know, work..lol), and three, it's almost midterms and the students are getting crazy.

Sometimes their stress and aggravation gets to me--it's hard for me to separate their feelings from my own sometimes. There is always a sense of panic on a college campus around exam times...lol. Fortunately, next weekend, I will be having a three day weekend where I can recharge myself. I'm feeling better today than I did yesterday, so that's a start. This stuff seems to catch me off guard every so often--even though I know it's always lurking somewhere.

It seems like in times of stress or not feeling 100% physically, I allow things to get to me more than they probably should.

A really funny thing that happened yesterday--one of our other librarians was getting ready to teach a class and she had forgotten to take a cart of reference books to the classroom that she pulled for the students to look at--she came over to get them (before class started--no harm no foul) and was talking herself down about it--saying how stupid it was that she forgot. I was like "Hey, it's been a super busy day--and you're probably feeling a little tired from working the night shift last night. It's not stupid that you forgot for a minute--go easy on yourself." It seemed to really cheer her up. There I was thinking--if I'm not judging her for that--why do I judge myself (and expect others are doing the same) for the same kinds of things? I need to work on being as forgiving to myself as I am to others.