View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 06:46 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  
Dollyangel17

Hi all..,

Congrats on 8 months Babs!!!!! Nice work!

And Alyn....29 days? Keep it up...you got this:-)

Welcome Ellay! I am a mom to a 7 year old girl, and tomorrow will be 17 months exactly...and if memory serves me right...15 months for our girl Bebetter:-).

Like you at one point I couldn't imagine life without wine, and truly believed I would not be able to live without it, I am here to tell you, it's not only possible, but truly liberating!

My life is better is just about every facet....17 months ago our family's finances were in the hole with debt collectors calling daily, and now we are debt free and planning to buy a home. I physically look like a different woman...17 months ago I was very overweight and had a tired sallow complexion, and now I am 110 pounds lighter, and look 10 years younger:-)

Believe me, I was a daily...drink in the morning, drinking on my lunch hour kind of lady, so if I can do it...so can you...just hang in there!

The first few months are not easy, but nothing worth having is ever easy! My best advice..,when you are craving...think the drink all the way through. As they say....play the tape all the way to the end....picturing not only the drink, but the next day etc.

Read and post often too. I almost relapsed once at the 2 month mark...even bought a bottle and had it in my purse, but I decided I would spend time here first, and after reading a while...the craving passes and the next morning I tossed the bottle away unopened:-)

Anyway...glad to have you with us!