View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 04:23 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  
21reeves

Ellay~ Welcome! The beginning is really scary. I think it is really good that you told someone close to you. That's when it became real for me. I wasn't a binge drinker, but a daily wine drinker. I tried to stop so many times, switched to other alcohol, promised myself I would just drink on weekends, etc. It wasn't until I came clean with my husband did it have some staying power behind it. I've been sober 104 days. I am a mom to two girls, 10 and 8. I won't tell you it is easy, but it's the right thing, in my opinion. Come here when you need a to hear from women in the same boat. It does help. I also got a lot out of reading about others who struggle with alcohol. I really loved Wine, A Love Story. That was my first read after becoming sober. I was so shocked to read someone else telling parts of my story. I also avoided places and people that would be a trigger in the beginning. I just this week went in the grocery store that sells wine. It's not that I thought something would take over and I wouldn't be able to leave without a bottle. I just wasn't ready to face the feeling. You can do it.