View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 03:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
BlueChair

Thank U !! It did.

I dont want to give details exactly, will say he did not relapse or anything like this but it had to do with a "friend". I spent time reviewing the whole situation in my mind before i talked to him, at least what I had learned from an outside source by accident. I found many positive and realized fear was lurking in me once again. I own this and its my responsibility to deal with it. His actions were actually very representative of the man I married, and are something I respect and would actually expect nothing less of him. He doesnt abandon the people in his inner circle when they are in need, but it was handled in an amazing and creative way. I brought these positives up right away, this took all the potential defensiveness away, and we talked very openly, and he shared a lot of his own feelings.

But it could have been total opposite if ((I)) had not been in control of my own fears, and not receptive to hearing his side of things. I put tools Ive been learning into practice, and it feels good.