Thread: Need advice
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 11:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Calmwater

Ok, terrible night. Son 1 and Son 2 went to an anime convention in Anchorage over the weekend. We used to go every year, and they really wanted to catch up and hang out with their friends they grew up with. It's a long way from where we live now, but they're 17 & 18, and they worked to earn the money for their own tickets. ( Son 3 was really bummed he couldn't go, but he's just not old enough) Anyway, call comes in the middle of the night, shortly before they're supposed to get on a plane, S1 is having chest pains and trouble breathing. Now he is prone to panic attacks, he has a disorder on the autistic spectrum, thankfully mild, and I was pretty sure that's what was going on, but.... I'm literally thousands of miles away. Long story short, friends get S2 to the airport, and S1 to hospital. S2 is here, S1 is still in AK. He has fluid around the cartilage in his ribcage, they put him on prednisone. I have an autoimmune disorder, and we've been trying to figure out what's going on with his health for a couple years now. They think autoimmune with him too, but nothing specific shows up on tests.

I've been up since about 1:30 this morning and I now have to figure out how to get S1 home. Ah said, when I called him," Oh so he's ok. Let me know if I can do anything to help." and when I said we needed to get him home "oh that's easy." Wow, thanks. Want to throw some money in, since it's so easy? I also thought I heard another voice in the background right before he hung up. He later sent me a text saying how tired he was of getting up alone. I am feeling neither kind nor sensitive today. The putz.

I'm waiting for S1 to call me today so we can figure out a game plan. He's at one of his friend's aunt's house sleeping for a little while. I'm hoping, if he takes in his hospital paperwork, they will get him on another flight, with just a fee. Otherwise, I'll have to pay for a new ticket.

Does it ever get easier? Sometimes I feel like I'm bailing a leaky boat with my bare hands.

Thank you, thank you for your kind responses. I do pray for him Paulh. That post was really helpful, allforcnm, and I loved the quote Alaskachick. I also keep going back to one I read on here about the soul dying while you lived with someone who constantly lied to you, that one really resonated too.

Oh I also wanted to thank you for sharing your story too, Eauchiche. It's so hard to watch them do things like that! Best of luck to you as well.