View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 11:35 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  
lucygoose

Congrats Babs on 8 months!!!!

Welcome Ellay! I'm so proud of you! There is life after drinking. So much life. And like Babs said there are a lot of people out there who don't drink. And there are those of us who get to a point where we don't want to drink anymore. And some of us who may die if we continue to drink.

I don't want to get to a point where I'm trembling and sick with my drinking. I have a spouse who also just stopped drinking. He went to rehab twice this summer. So we are both in the program. I'm at almost 8 months sober and have a 10 year old daughter and 15 year old son. They are so much happier now that I'm sober.

I have so much more patience, I look better and am so much more even now that I'm sober.

Good luck and comment often. We are all here for you and learn from you too by you sharing.

Just take it an hour at a time, figure out your triggers and get some books. Gratitude journals and daily readers are great! I also love Alanon books. It's a great way to live for anybody seeking Grace and a better way of life.

Happy Monday loves!