View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 08:44 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
enough14

I just made a very scary phone call to my attorney. I too googled co-parenting with an alcoholic ex and it brought me here. We have been divorced since 2010 and he is a functioning alcoholic and an addict. I feel that what he does on his own time is his business, but when he has our daughter it's mine.
He has always been one to drink and drive. I have warned him too many times to count that if our 9yr old daughter is in the car he is not to drink-at all-but that has never stopped him.
My oldest daughter (his step-daughter) and our daughter went somewhere with him this weekend and at the end he went to the gas station....liquor store was next door so he walked over. Made himself a drink and got back into the car to drive, not only my children, but 2 other children home. I am at my wits end!!! He talks very negatively about me in front of her, always telling her I am trying to put him in jail, etc.... I am sure most of you can totally relate and get where I am coming from.

I guess I am hoping someone else has been in the situation and can offer something.... I really don't want to go back to court but I see no other way. I've tried every single other option I know of. His mother enables him so there is no support there.

anyone?