Old 09-28-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Yogagurl

HI,

I just recently left my AH of four years (married two together four, using all) and was in your shoes - do I leave him with nothing? My AH had been off crack (this is the "bad" drug among them all) for about 8 months before I moved out. Because of this, we had our furniture, electronics, etc. Had I stayed with him another 8 months, I would not have had anything to move out, and I knew that. So, I nipped it in the bud.

I felt, like you, horrible for leaving him with nothing and sweeping everything that was mine out of the house. BUT, he's in his 30's and if he doesn't have money in savings for a rainy day or the ability to live on his own, then that's his own damn fault. He LATCHED on to me when he got out of prison and USED every bit of kindness, compassion, and generosity I have to FEED his addiction and provide him the resources he needed to live a seemingly normal and comfortable life.

I have confidence that it will not be long until he finds another woman to mooch off of, somewhere to stay, and all the things I was providing him for so long. I wasn't the first woman he did this to and I know I will not be the last. Neither will you. Leave him and wipe the dust off your feet on the way out. He'll be just fine.