View Single Post
Old 09-27-2014, 07:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
TerpGal

I have a psychiatrist. I take a bunch of psych meds. I see a therapist, starting a new one on Mon actually.I loved my old therapist but shshdoesnt specialize in this. I am sort of jealous of RAH and his huge support network. I DO NOT HAVE a support network and I truly believe I need that. I need therapy more than once a week but my insurance doesn't cover it. If I could pay out of pocket for more sessions but I am supporting myself and RAH and he spends money like water.

There is a DV place here.......deals with other abuse issues too. I am on a wait list there. They are the only agency in the community that does this sort of thing, there is huge demand, and their funds are limited. As far as why RAH is a trigger? He did all his drinking here. Playing video games and getting hammered. Whenever I see him playing video games it's a trigger. I don't trust him. He is not "safe" to be around. At any moment he could pick back up and hurt me.

I don't understand WHY I have to go to Al Anon? I don't find it helpful and you are supposed to be making a support network out of it, right?