View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 08:40 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Billymac75

I am going to read some of these books that I have seen recommended. I have been pretty programmed in recoveryism by going to treatment and AA/CA for my first attempt at quitting. The problems that I have now,looking back, are the ideologies of being 'in recovery' forever, identifying myself as an 'addict/alcoholic' , being powerless, and relying completely on others or a hp, as I no longer drink or use narcotics anymore and it is a decision that I made and follow for myself. The daily struggle that I encounter (not as much now) is the Beast voice in my head that I have to identify and keep at bay. There is a lot that I can take away from all the things I have learned and am learning. I think the group support aspect is helpful and it's great to share ideas and experience. I think SR is a great place for that. I am constantly adding things to my plan and it's nice to get to a point where I feel confident in life sober. I look fwd to bouncin things off you guys as I explore more of the secular side. Thanks!