View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 03:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
brokenwon

Still scratching my head...

New to the site and soaking all the wisdom up like a sponge! And as I go through my day, questions will pop up seemingly out of thin air...and I feel the need to come ask those that know.

Long story short, I have been divorced 3 years now after being married almost 30. I have moved on with the help of family, friends and therapy, but will still find myself scratching my head some days...

My X's drinking escalated to hiding bottles and bar hopping when he was "at the gym"...and I highly suspect he was dating the barmaid, that he now lives with, then. The details are still sketchy and I am still trying to piece together the puzzle of my life after being blindsided by his leaving...as I never had the benefit of truth and honesty...

I do believe the one thing that will haunt me to my grave is how could someone (literally) abandon a family and all that they've worked for? But, more importantly, do any of them ever live to regret their decision? Although it wouldn't change things, I'd never let him back and he did me a favor by doing so...somehow knowing he would have regrets, would make destroying our family more tolerable...

Thanks for your thoughts!