View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 11:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Welcome to the Board, TG. You've come to the right place, and a good place.

Others will be by to greet you, but as is my wont, I've got a couple things I'd like to share.

First off, I know your pregnancy was not something you planned, but I would look at it as a gift. One to treasure, and one to protect.

But before he went to jail he threatened to take me to court for my baby.
Oh, reeeeeeeally?

Let's get this straight. He has stolen $3500 from you, he has stolen from his aunt and went to jail as a result, got clean, gave himself permission to get in touch with an "old friend", started using, and then is back in the clink after being caught with heroin paraphernalia by his father. Based on this, what chance do you think he has in court?

Let him make all the threats that he wants. They are but words. And while I wouldn't recommend laughing in his face when he postures like this, I would encourage you to consider the source.

Your primary concern from this moment on is protecting yourself and your unborn child. What your AXBF does or doesn't do really isn't your concern. As you've noted, he's got a track record, and you can predict with a high degree of certainty what he's going to do. The fact that he has been verbally abusive towards you speaks volumes about his character.

There's one other thing I'd like to address:

I figured it was my fault he relapsed in the first place because I broke up with him. I thought I could save him.
This is simply not true. He relapsed because he chose to relapse. Just like he chose to try heroin in the first place. He has made the wrong decisions time after time, and when you make poor decisions like he has, you end up where he is: jail.

There are other members who have been in a place similar to where you are. I'm sure they will pipe up soon. Pay attention to what they share with you.

And remember: you and your baby come first.

Again, Welcome to the Board.