View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 12:19 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  
Avice

deanyya. I have faith in you - I know you want this. Do you have anyone in your life that could look after the kids for an hour so you can go for a walk once in a while?

Luper. Clap, clap, clap (that was internet applause). I know how hard it is to go into that kind of situation when you have anxiety issues. Boy, do I know. Without knowing it, you were practicing some techniques I learned from my therapist (she specialized in cognitive behavioral therapy for anxiety). Do it even if you're scared, and give yourself permission to escape. Despite the fact that my finances are in ruins, I wouldn't take back a single cent I spent on therapy. CBT changed my life.

gnarlyboots. I do not like that choice of words - 'fade away'. You could, you know...and not just from this board. I'm going to send you a PM.

Pretend3r. Thank you! I have some stuff to report on my life in general at the bottom of this post. Congrats on 2 weeks, eh?

nmd. Day 7. Hats off to you!

safeandsound. I also had a wicked headache and muscle pain. Yoga helps. So does Motrin.

ANewDayNYC. Going fishing sounds like a super weekend to me. Annnnd, you were able to have fun without joining the beer crew. That's pretty big.

Cecilia44. Congrats on Day 7. Sleep as much as you need to - your body will thank you later.

I still haven't been able to kick the depression today. I think that it's a combination of withdrawal and having no life in this city (I'm fairly new here), but I keep referring back to D's computer analogy. I'm not big on patience - I'm used to the quick fix. I did go downtown though, and I had a conversation with a guy for around 15 minutes about how he quit smoking. I'm going to give myself a clap, clap, clap for that one, because it's the longest conversation I've had with a stranger in who knows how long. No hint of even getting close to a panic attack. I am really starting to think that I have a chance of living a normal life. Maybe even a super cool life where I actually live up to my potential instead of wasting away and waiting to die. I have no idea how long it'll take for me to stop feeling exhausted and bummed out, but I'm willing to wait.