View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 06:19 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  
safeandsound

Day 9

Dee, what a beautiful post! I too loved the analogy. Thank you.

Deanyya, thinking of you. In spite of your struggles you reached out to me, and that is awesome. We can get through this. Welcome escrubb and anyone else new. Pretend3r--happy birthday!! Two weeks is such an achievement! Hope you take the time to reward yourself today. Gnarlyboots, don't go!! Just start again at Day 1 as so many of us have! It sounds cheesy, but you are worth it. Please take care of yourself. And I would sure miss your funny, insightful posts.

I have learned that what I've been going through the last three days is classic withdrawal (dizziness, headaches, emotions, body pain, exhaustion, inability to focus). Yesterday I spent the whole day on the couch except to get up and eat. Today my four-day headache has turned vicious. I've never experienced this before, but I also never drank as much as in the last year (daily drinking, blackouts 4-6 times a week).

However, my body does not feel like lead today, and my mind is clearer. Also, because I was in so much pain and couldn't do much else, I read tons and tons of posts on SR and got some wisdom and support. Thank you Septemberites especially! It so helps to know others are going through similar things.

If this headache goes away, I may even get some work done today! Feeling good that the worst (I hope?) has passed.

Have a wonderful sober Sunday, everyone!