View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 04:53 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  
Pretend3r

Day 14 here, wow 2 weeks!

Deannya, you have a full plate momma. I feel for you. You are doing things right in this sobriety thing - its just hard especially at first. Going to AA to just hear others talk was an eye opener for me, even though I didn't join. I especially liked the "old timer" who told his story - including the part where he never relapsed which was amazing to me since I've relapsed plenty. He gave me a bag of m&m's when we left and told me to eat them if I felt like drinking! It will likely be a good experience for you too, tell us how it goes. Great idea to read that book you ordered, i havent read it but hsaw other posts referring to it on the forum. You really are attacking your problem and you should be really proud that you are changing for the better. I hope you have a great, RELAXED Sunday.

Hey nmd, young confused, hope you guys have a great day and keep on keeping on. Young confused I read some of your other posts, one about an interview I think, and just wanted to say that you can do this!

Avice - hope you are feeling better and have no anxiety. I know how that feels to an extent...mostly after I had been drinking heavily the night before.

Luper - congrats on 26 days!!!! And, congrats on getting out of the house.

Escrudd welcome to SR. These forums have helped me stay on track, the longer I stay on track the easier it has gotten to say no to the AV.

Gnarlyboots - please don't choose to drink because of a slip. Get back up and dust yourself off. We all understand what you are going through because we have all been there! You had a slip and can come right back to keeping focused and keeping sober, plus everything that Dee said! We will be waiting to hear from you so don't leave us hanging!