View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 07:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
mejo's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: AZ
Posts: 309
Originally Posted by ShootingStar1 View Post
How about moving you and the kids while you are still married and before you file for divorce? You can establish residency then in another state.

Check with your lawyer.

That's what my advice was going to be. I know a little about this issue. That seems to be what most custodial parents did was move, get the required residency for that state to file for divorce. CHECK WITH AN ATTORNEY BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING!! Good luck!
mejo is offline