View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 01:31 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  
DaveyT

Originally Posted by MythOfSisyphus View Post
Well, with luck there will be some breakthrough treatment within those next 30 years. I guess like sobriety, you just have to go one day at a time. Hopefully a good many of us will still be hanging in there with you! Although I'm already 45 years old so I can't make any promises for 30 years from now!
Hey you keep yourself in good condition and 30 years should be easy. Remember medical science is progressing and regenerative medicine is on a number of frontiers that could ****** the aging process, growing organs will be common in the next 20 years or so, artificial blood is on the horizon, artificial spleens are so close it's incredible. Lol sorry if that sounds silly but I have a degree in biology and I read a lot of journals. Truth is if we take care then our lives could be prolonged well beyond 100, and of course the more time that goes by the more we can be fixed.

I'm sure in my time the illness I have will be addressed, eventually, it gives me hope anyway to think one day it'll be cured

Maybe one day I'll get to live my dream of seeing the world and maybe, possibly moving to either Canada or the USA, some remote place with lots of trees where I can think, indulge my hobbies and live quietly. Ahh well it's good to dream