View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 02:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
gratitude28

Lisa,
I love your sense of humor and I think I am a lot like you in so many ways
This is such an important issue for you, and if you love this man and want to spend your whole life with him and not resent him later, you MUST put the cards on the table. It is scary and the outcome could be awful, there is that chance. But also never having your family and living a sad and bitter life is not a pretty outcome either.
You are NEVER ready to have a baby. And once you get pregnant, you will freak out and wonder if it was the right idea - it was If you are mentally ready to have that baby, it will be worth it.
Lisa, sit down with your husband, make him a nice dinner, tell him how much you love him and tell him how much you NEED to have a child. See what his reaction is. Tell him you need this now, that you are ready and that you know it is scary (this may be what is holding him back - parenting terrifies some men and often it has nothing to do with you, but much to do with their family).
I think you really must do this. And I really think your husband's lack of desire for a baby now has nothing to do with how you have been over your time together.
Oh - and time to put the fork down. I understand the food thing - I get it too. But don't destroy your chances to have a baby that way.
xxxooo
Beth