View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  
Neverthought

Originally Posted by AncientMariner View Post
yeah, it's the Maiden alright.....I used to listen to the Maiden many moons ago when I was a long distance runner. Unbelievable beat you just glide along on, and those long guitar solos and Dickinson's screams!

I put that song on yesterday when I was on death's door, to try get some energy back in my soul. Hearing Maiden provokes a desire to run, deep inside me, like Pavlov's dogs!

...unfortunately there was no running, but it did provoke a desire to end this madness and get back running and to a healthy lifestyle. Then I found my self here...

..'and the wedding guest's a sad and wiser man'
Me too man, a long time ago.. Every now and then I'll fire up Rhapsody and go to sleep. as you say, "to those rifling dual guitars and the high pitch melodic scream.

My basketball coach wanted me to be a long distance runner, I told no thanks. I didn't tell him why though.....I didn't want to say "no thanks coach, I'm lazy, you're lucky I play basketball"!

We're glad to have you AM...you from the West side or East side of the planet?

Oh, and I laughed out-loud (at work) when I read ..'and the wedding guest's a sad and wiser man'. Maiden brought that poem to life.