Thread: 6 months ago...
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 12:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
blackandblue

Thanks for the positive feedback!

And of course you can switch the whole Man/Woman thing too or in any combination. Point being, what Vale said. The art of "not taking BS" from anyone must be learned, cultivated, and mastered (Man or Woman). I call it- getting a backbone.

"No," when used in a one word complete sentence and it comes from the heart, is the most liberating assertion of self empowerment. And of course, yes can be too. But as a recovering people pleaser- yes was never an issue for me.

It was saying no, and meaning it and without justification that helped me let go of my childish fear of giving a (insert favorite profanity) about what anyone thinks about me. And of course, that makes saying yes even sweeter now because I know I mean it.

I know I will continue to be tested on this. All of us will. More so now than ever because that is human nature. There are always circumstances in our life that will challenge our core beliefs and values. And that is when we can see how far we have come.

Now, I'm not saying my life is all perfect with rainbows and butterflies because I learned to say no or because of any kind of "girl power." But it's pretty darn fantastic! I have found my calling, my purpose, and each day is a sweet bonus.

I am happy in spite of difficult times or my external circumstances. I am open to love and being loved (not the romantic kind- the real kind). And I will continue to do the internal work. I have come to a distinct turning point in this life and I'm not looking back- out of the dark and into the light.

Many Blessings,
BnB