View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 11:40 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  
thisibelieve

checking in. day 2. I have a day off, trying to be kind to myself and just take it EASY. I realize that often I set myself up to fail, "I'm going to get sober, and eat super healthy and workout everyday and find a new job all in a week!" and when things don't turn out perfectly the "Screw it, just drink" mentality creeps up on me.

I've been exhausted, yet filled with anxiety and not able to sleep- after drinking a great deal last week, so not forcing myself to do too much. Managed to go for a little jog this morning to a nearby reservoir. It was lovely to take a break mid run- sit in the sun, listen to podcasts and watch the scenery. I'm grateful to soak up these last bits of summer.
This afternoon I plan on hanging out, reading and possibly a nap. Considering going to an AA speaker meeting around 8...we'll see.

edited to add-

Thank you Avice. I am happy to be back. What tripped me up this weekend? A stressful night at work. I don't particularly like my job very much right now, had a crappy night on Saturday, but got out of work a bit early, the thought of drinking popped into my head and I didn't even bother to do anything to fight it. The after effects were not pretty, it's very true that each relapse gets worse. Yuck.