View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 10:09 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  
AncientMariner

Originally Posted by Neverthought View Post
Oh and naturally, you're ID made me think of the "Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner".

Hear the rhyme of the Ancient Mariner, see his eye as he stops one of three....Mesmerizes one of the wedding guests...wait here and listen to nightmare of the sea.....

I still know all of words....

My wife, an English teacher now, was thoroughly amazed that I knew this poem when we first met (probably because I was a stoner). Then I told her I only knew it because Iron Maiden made a song (a favorite) from it....wah, wahh, wahhh....
yeah, it's the Maiden alright.....I used to listen to the Maiden many moons ago when I was a long distance runner. Unbelievable beat you just glide along on, and those long guitar solos and Dickinson's screams!

I put that song on yesterday when I was on death's door, to try get some energy back in my soul. Hearing Maiden provokes a desire to run, deep inside me, like Pavlov's dogs!

...unfortunately there was no running, but it did provoke a desire to end this madness and get back running and to a healthy lifestyle. Then I found my self here...

..'and the wedding guest's a sad and wiser man'