Thread: One Month
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 09:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
roguedreams

Originally Posted by desertsweetpea View Post
I officially hit one month sober a few days ago. People keep telling me I should be proud and I should. So why do I feel just as low as I did on day 1? I'm so discouraged. I'm attending AA daily, have a sponsor, have a therapist. I'm exercising daily, eating healthy foods and praying. I know it takes time, I should be patient. I just wish I felt the tiniest bit better.
I was going to make a post like this myself tonight, but felt so miserable in my redundancy lately that I didn't.

I know INTELLECTUALLY that this is considered "normal" in recovery, to feel like sh**, discouraged, blue, depressed, even as we go through the motions of "doing everything right".

I'm afraid I don't have anything constructive to offer except that you are totally not alone in the doldrums. I know it helps me to know I'm not alone (just like simply reading your post helped me). Dee's wisdom in "having a little faith" - I should probably take that to heart too.

Perhaps find the lightheartedness in life. Idk - say, actively seek out more humorous, lighthearted things. I know I take myself (and ergo my sobriety and recovery) soooo very seriously. It's all doom and gloom and trial and tribulation and pain and suffering. I read on here recently, someone saying that "recovery is not prison" - we don't HAVE to make it more difficult on ourselves.

I don't know, who am I to say.