View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 07:51 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  
safeandsound

Day 4

Good morning, everyone! Alynn, thanks for the support and I DID wake up feeling better. Today I am supposed to work from home, but I've decided I will got to the free counseling place first. To answer NSI, my husband knows, but he is a heavy drinker (who doesn't black out and get mean like me), and I think he will greatly miss his drinking partner. But he is trying to be supportive, and I will talk to him today about the invitation (he thought I could go and just drink soda--ha!)

Neverthought--Jack Daniels never said he wouldn't help. LOL! Congrats on Day 22.

gnarlyboots, glad my craziness helped someone else I was actually nervous about posting since I was in such a bad place. Gonna try to keep staying honest, though.

Welcome youngandconfused! You'll find help here. Since I'm new too (well, returning), I have to take it minute by minute sometimes. Drinking non-alcoholic beverages constantly helps as does finding something to distract me from those cravings, like reading SR. Like nmd said, the feelings pass if you just hang on--even though when you're in them it seems like the only solution is to drink.

To everyone else here, thanks for all your comments and hope today is another sober one.