Thread: 6 months ago...
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 11:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
blackandblue

6 months ago...

...was the last time I posted on SR.

I have since been around the world and back again. And I'm well and more alive than ever to tell about it. It's just that if I told you, you probably would not believe me.

Today my story is not about my AXBF. Not that he is not a part of my story. I know I still have a few hooks left in me. I figure if I can ignore them for now, that they might just fall out on their own.

I have a story to tell that has been in the making for 5 years and it goes like this...

Once upon a time... Girl meets Boy. Girl gets weak in knees. Girl falls in love with Boy. Boy is nice, but Girl learns he has a big problem. Too late. Girl already in love. Boy is in love with Girl but really more in love with drugs. Boy is more like a ghost. Girl is sad. Girl is in pain. Girl leaves. Girl goes back to Boy. Tries to save Boy. Girl can't save Boy. Boy has to save himself. Girl is sad. Repeat cycle many times.

One day, Girl leaves and stays away from Boy. Girl has to save herself. But Girl is still sad about Boy. Girl asks for help. Girl prays, meditates, screams, and rages. Repeat. Girl goes back to Boy again. Same story. Girl leaves again.

This time Girl says enough. Girl, for the first time, takes care of Girl. Girl becomes Woman. Woman is not Girl. Woman says goodbye to Girl and to Boy. Boy is now free to go his own way. Woman does not wait. Woman moves on. Woman becomes her real self. Woman is wise, grounded, and humble. Most of all- Woman is happy.

Now, Woman is living her dream. Dedication, devotion, discipline, faith, perseverance, love, acceptance, forgiveness, letting go, hope, and hard work have turned Girl into Woman. Woman is not doormat. Woman is not a victim. Woman took life into her own hands and asked for help. Woman is strong to know she can't do this alone anymore. Woman prevails.

Maybe one day Boy will become Man. Maybe. 'Til then.