View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 06:30 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Dollyangel17

Hi all...

Blue...I can't speak to any experience myself with this, but I agree that medication should be approached with care. I don't really advocate for one viewpoint or the other, but I know some kids that get put on heavy meds rather easily. I think some doctors are quick to throw medication at things without thorough examination.

I have a friend whose son has been on Meds for years...without any official diagnosis!!! Again...I don't have any experience personally, but I think I would be very thorough with doctors, second opinions etc. before starting meds. I certainly think they are necessary sometimes, but also think some kids are being medicated too much.

Sounds like you are approaching things the right way, by trying to gain as much knowledge as possible...that's what good parents do!

I wish I could give you better advice, but like I said...I don't have that much background in that area.

I do know being sober helps with all important decision making, so kudos to you there!!! You are doing the right thing!