View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 08:28 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Avice

ANewDayNYC. 9/14/14 is a good sobriety date. Looks nice in print, if you know what I mean...

PinkiGreen. Double digits! Two thumbs up.

DancingDiva. Keep that positivity going. BTW, I love the quote in your signature.

Alynn. Congratulations on 2 weeks! I'm happy that you've found a good support group and that you're getting out there and talking to people. Very cool.

TryingInTexas. Good on you for breaking your record. I've got to haul out the bike at some point too - I've been too tired, but now I'm starting to feel better.

NotSoIvory. Glad you're feeling better. I have seen changes - I've lost some of the puffiness in my face, especially around the eyes. However, the major difference is in my expression. In the first picture, it looks like there's 'nobody home'. If there's any emotion in my eyes, it's kind of a vague look of sadness and worry. In the second picture, I can see a personality there. I haven't seen myself like that for so long that the picture was almost shocking to look at. I was like - who is that woman? I don't recognize her. It's pretty interesting. (Thanks for posting those links, BTW.)

ForwardMotion. Two weeks. So glad you're doing well - keep on doing what you're doing!

gnarlyboots. I know that it takes courage for a lumberjack with a tiger head to admit that he has emotions, but there's nothing wrong with crying or feeling moved by something. We're all here for you.

SuperMega. 35 days...I can't wait til I get there. SuperAwesome.

safeandsound. As the week goes on it'll get better. You really can do this.

So...it's a beautiful fall day and I'm still feeling all right despite having a wicked headache last night. Little by little, I feel my energy coming back. I'm really watching my intake of nutrients and doing the best I can to make my body start trusting me again. This may sound totally whacked out, but every once in a while I talk to my body. I reassure it that it won't have to go into emergency mode to process any poisons. Basically, I tell it that it's going to be an easy day at work for a change...

Have a great day, everyone.