View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 03:21 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
NotSoIvory

Originally Posted by safeandsound View Post
I can't believe I am waking up without having had a drink last night!! I made it!! It's been at least 6 months since that happened.
Way to go! It is such a relief, isn't it? Sending much support your way to keep up the good work and hoping you are able to continue to reap the benefits of your recovery. I am rooting for you.

Extending the same to all others here determined to seek something better for themselves and their loved ones, especially those who are struggling today.

Originally Posted by safeandsound View Post
There are so many people starting at the same time. Hope everyone made it yesterday, especially NSI. I know that depression and the feeling of being trapped by this horrible addiction. I try to tell myself I'm more than that. I'm a good person who does bad things when drunk. I also know depression doesn't always listen to logic, so I hope you're OK.
Thank you so much for these kind words and support. You have no idea what that means to me right now just knowing that somebody cares and understands. Brings tears to my eyes.

Originally Posted by Avice View Post
NotSoIvory. If it's possible, try recording yourself on a webcam today. Or take a picture. After 1 week take another one and compare. I did that, and seeing the change really helped me. I can't wait to take the next one at 30 days.
Thank you for the idea. I think it is a good one, because I am certain my appearance is very telling. The puffy eyes, weight gain, etc... It will be a good reminder to have something tangible. Curiously, what are the differences you have seen in yourself so far?

Thank you to gnarlyboots (I like your screen name, lol), Pretend3r, ANewDayNYC, for the welcoming and well wishes. I feel as though I am among friends here.