View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 08:15 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
safeandsound

Day 2!!

I can't believe I am waking up without having had a drink last night!! I made it!! It's been at least 6 months since that happened. I sometimes feel sorry for my body. I went to sleep earlier than usual and apologized to my husband because we were in the middle of watching a show, and he said, "You'd usually be passed out by now anyway." Apparently I usually pass out watching TV, then wake up a couple hours later totally out of it OR ready to start a fight. Charming.

Neverthought--so many things you said helped me get through yesterday and today. Thank you. Congrats on 20 days!

There are so many people starting at the same time. Hope everyone made it yesterday, especially NSI. I know that depression and the feeling of being trapped by this horrible addiction. I try to tell myself I'm more than that. I'm a good person who does bad things when drunk. I also know depression doesn't always listen to logic, so I hope you're OK.

I have so much energy today. Also a new feeling. I know this happy feeling sometimes goes away after awhile in new sobriety, so I'm enjoying it while it lasts! Today I plan to just think of getting through it hour by hour, staying busy, eating and drinking anything I want except booze (is anyone else FAMISHED when they quit?). Candy helps.

Gnarlyboots--"Here's to a future that we can actually remember!" Love it.

Good luck everyone. I'll be checking back throughout the day.