View Single Post
Old 09-13-2014, 04:06 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Neverthought

SAS, hi!

Sorry to hear about your troubles in the past, but remember any day can toss out an obstacle. So first, your life is more stable this time around as you say. You need to capitalize on that while the going is good. It just makes abstaining more easy.

Secondly, You need to white-knuckle it and get past today or seek a supportive alternative. I'm a white knuckler, but I know exactly where you are it. Heck, I had night sweats for 4-5 days.

I'm at 19 days and I still feel the excitement. I felt it last night and fought it off.

Keep your AV guessing until you build a healthy foundation. I drank every night for months, but I started creeping out of it around day 6. Get though today and you're on your way. You're here now, so, you might as well start today.

Next, staying busy and avoiding hunger is one key. Stay hydrated and eat and drink fluids to the point where you are full. This will almost make you force a drink down. And drinking might make your evening exciting for a small-small fraction of time, compared to the price you will pay tomorrow and the next day and beyond.

I too jumped on the wagon while things were very good 19 days ago. Essentially, I had absolutely no reason to drink other than copping-out combined with force of habit.

I'm eager to hear how your day turns out. Please, make today your day.

Stay Strong SAS.....and Stay Strong Septemberites.....