View Single Post
Old 09-13-2014, 08:17 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Inflagrante

Morning class! I have been up for 5 hours being super duper productive. It's funny -- I have a woman who comes and cleans my house one day a week, and I always spend an hour cleaning before she comes over! LOL.

Well, I'm hoping that a lot of my depression last week was due to my monthly cycle. I really have to be conscious of that too because I always get a little more sad and a little more sensitive.

Luper -- I hear you on doing this alone. I hate asking anyone for anything, and because of that, I think people have an impression of me that I'm a lot stronger than I am. I don't know -- maybe they have a perfect image of who I am, but I just don't bother asking them!

My father was an angry drunk, and then when he quit, he was an angry dry drunk. The only emotion he ever felt comfortable expressing was anger, and while I know that's a sign of weakness and not a strength, some of that rubbed off on me. I have a hard time expressing weakness to people I know, and when I have done it, it hasn't always been met with the best results. So I've learned to keep anything that makes me appear vulnerable to myself. I'd really like to change this, but it's scary trusting people.

Good news is I'm 33 days sober today!

Congrats to everyone choosing to stay sober for another day! You rock!