View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 03:35 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
21reeves

hello

Hi girls,

It's been a few weeks since I posted last. I'm doing fine, still sober. It's been a really busy time with schedules changes and additional activities.

Welcome to the newbies. I am a mom of a 10 year old and 8 year old. I had my last drink 87 days ago. I am glad to not have to worry about being drunk at night and having a possible emergency where I couldn't drive my kids anywhere. I'm glad to not have to arrange my schedule around wine or being really angry if I couldn't incorporate wine into my nightly scene. I'm glad to be more available for my girls and not wishing their bedtime would hurry up and get here. The cravings still come....usually as a visual of me downing a huge bottle of wine When they come now, I am able to just be, and remind myself they are not real...physically anyway. I usually say, "just let it wash over you, they will be gone soon." It does still annoy the daylights out of me that I can't drink like "normal" people. However, I have experienced things as a child that "normal" people haven't. When I can identify the cravings as a need to self medicate, it makes it easier.

I have started becoming more comfortable with sharing my drinking issue with a few close friends. It feels good to be honest and have them be wonderful and supportive.