View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 07:32 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Avice

Hi all. Chilly here in Ottawa too. I like wearing Fall clothes though, so that's a plus.

thisibelieve. Hello and welcome.
Neverthought. Skeletons with party hats on? Nice. I don't think mine would fit in the closet though. Might need a storage locker.
JasonNorth. Congrats on hitting your milestone. Woo!
ANewDayNYC. I understand the frustration of having to deny yourself a night out. I had to do the same on day 2, but I know it was worth it. Getting out of this sickness is the most important thing to me right now.
bellaboos. Have fun at the party, and check in if you feel tempted.

I hit a milestone yesterday - 7 days. My next milestone will be day 31...I hit day 30 four years ago and relapsed. Yeah...I know...pretty long relapse, right?

I'm still extremely tired and it's starting to frustrate me. I actually have a lot of thinking to do. My future, my job (I'm unemployed for the first time in a long time), my desire to exercise...I'm just way too tired to do much of anything.

However, I did read my horoscope today (no, I don't really believe in astrology, but I like Rob Brezsny's Free Will Astrology). I found it really inspiring and it reminded me to take a step back and not try to fix everything at once. I'll paste it below - it might resonate with some of you.

"Those who invoke the old metaphor about the caterpillar that transforms into the butterfly often omit an important detail: the graceful winged creature is helpless and weak when it first wriggles free of its chrysalis. For a while it's not ready to take up its full destiny. As you get ready for your own metamorphosis, Libra, keep that in mind. Have plans to lay low and be self-protective in the days following your emergence into your new form. Don't try to do loop-the-loops right away."