Thread: Totally exposed
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 04:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
makomago

Originally Posted by OGK View Post
So, to show us she is an adult, she canceled her cell phone, which we pay for and stuck us with a $300 cancel fee......I can't make this crap up....life on life's terms.....gotta love it even though I hate it
.... What have I seen you write before - "I'll show you, I'll hurt me"? I think MiL may have just done a classic example.

What next? Any ideas? How's the missus/kids with all this?

My kids never want i.e. volunteer to see the grandparents; 3 still living, 2 are active alcoholics (one seriously ill from the effects) and the other, well dysfunctional but they seem to know that she's dysfunctional and she's mostly harmless. They call her Grandma Crackers (if you're not familiar [do you use it in the U.S] crackers can mean crazy) :-)

They now tell her to stop, or 'mind your own business'. That's their line I like most. The youngest one - I know not where it came from, said 'You're not God, stop it'.

As desypete suggested, mine too know what and who they like and they don't like rigid control, criticism, being told their feelings are wrong. They just don't like it and (I take no credit - you know my history) they don't accept it (anymore).

What they do like is those people who give them time... and chocolate. They're not daft.