Old 09-11-2014, 06:59 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Ruby2

I'm in. I'm sulking. It took me two hours to get home. My emotions ran from annoyance to full blown rage, to crying. Those seedy taverns I passed along the way looked so inviting. The hole in the wall dives I always saw before on my obscure side street treks across the city to avoid accident generated traffic on my usual route. I thought I'd like to see inside one day but never did. And didn't this time either but dang. Rage really is a trigger for me. But then I figure the pain of drinking will be more than the temporary pain suffered by being stuck in the car for two hours to travel about twenty miles.

Anyway, not to be a downer on such a lively thread but I'm still recuperating. Then I get to drive again tomorrow. In Friday rush hour traffic. I used to be able to avoid that by taking the train in on Fridays but I started at a new job site this past Monday and the train is no longer an option.

Anyway, the kitchen project has been on hiatus during the week. My husband put the drawers in the pantry cupboard yesterday and I put stuff into it this evening. This weekend I may work on buying a dishwasher and figuring out whether to change the flooring. Tonight I'm going to eat some ice cream, call or email a friend whose birthday is today and then maybe take a bath. I will probably check back. Good to see everyone! Welcome to the new people! I'm not usually a lunatic.