View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 10:22 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  
lucygoose

Welcome Sky!!!!!!

It's so great to have some serious longevity on here with Dolly and Bebetter. I really appreciate everyone's journey no matter how many days sober you have and about any relapses for that matter so that we can all grow from them.

I really do find honesty is the key to sobriety. It's painful but it's a must. You have to share your truth be to set free.

I've really had to detach lately from my hubby's off and on sobriety to keep mine in tact. It just reinforces my experience as a sober person even more. I no longer have to go to the grocery store and be embarrassed buying it. I can drive a car at any hour of the day safely and I have all the energy in the evenings to do homework with the kids.

I used to get drowsy from drinking while helping with homework. That's so lame! I didn't spend the amount of time I should have with them.

I'd also got so jealous when I was drunk. I was the one most of the time causing all the fights. I'd bring up old wounds and not let them go. So toxic.

With it being September 11th I'm in a bit of a solemn mood. Bless those poor people killed that day.

My hubby went into the city this week for work and to give me space. I've really missed him but I needed him to be honest with his sobriety. He creates so much chaos. But this time I sent him away before it affected me and the kids. It was so hard knowing he needed my help. But he's an adult and is in charge of his own sobriety. I can't do it for him. Detachment is key.

This year may be a rocky one. And I'm just doing the best that I can for my entire family. I believe when someone is really trying to get well, there is space in my heart for patience and understanding.

Today I was thinking, Gosh I can't imagine if someone was down my throat with my sobriety. It would truly make me want to drink more. I've got to really back off. I can't wait for my Alan-on meeting tonight! Lol

This was ALL my idea. This sobriety thing for myself. I attempted it several times for several months before. I'm so thankful this time it has stuck in my brain and that this is what works for ME!

God bless you hypochondriacs! It seems like when life is going swimmingly we make drama!

Happy Thursday!!!!!!!!!