View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 10:33 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Bebetter

Hey all!

lucy - congrats on 7 months!!

welcome petals! I am mom to a 2 and 5 year old, and am 14 months sober. This is my second longest stint in sobriety, but I consider it my longest, since the time I was 2.5 years sober included a pregnancy, and I've always easily been able to quit while pregnant. This one is "all about me" if that makes sense.

Had a mammo on Monday for some breast pain I've been having, and all is well. It felt kind of good (after getting the good results) to get that done and know I'm well in that department. I've still been a little off in my moods - one day, I feel totally normal, the next, some of that anxiety creeps back in. Blah. I don't know why it seems like since I've been sober, my body has been giving me a lot more grief. Maybe it's because I don't drown away my hypochondriac kind of thoughts in booze? Whatever it is, I feel like I'm only 36, and don't want to always be worrying about my health. I have DECADES ahead to do that! I've been a little sad these past 2 days, really missing my girl at kindergarten. It doesn't feel healthy to me to feel this way. I worry when both my girls are in school that I'm going to really go through the ringer, and it makes me sad that I doubt we will have any more children, and my last pregnancy was a loss. I kind of wish I had just been happy with 2 and never tried again.